Importance of Ramadan: Ramadan is the most precious month in the Islamic calendar (Hijri).
It is obligatory for the Muslims to fast in the month of Ramadan.
Right here are some fascinating facts that reveals the importance of Ramadan in Islam.
- Holy Quran was first disclosed in the month of Ramadan.
- Fasting in the month of Ramadan is the 4th Column of Islam among the 5.
- Not eating aids to acquire Taqwa (performing of actions which please Allah). It also abstaining from those actions that disappoint Him).
- Ramadan is known as the month of Quran. Ramadan suggests to read and also research the Holy Quran.
- It is extremely advised to give Zakat (necessary tax/donation– 2.5% of wealth/savings/assets).
- As well as to give Sadaqah (volunteer charity) in the Ramadaan.
- The Evening of Decree or The Evening of Power (Laylat al-Qadr) is in this month, which is better than a thousand months.
- In this Holy month, Paradise opens the gates for the people who keep fast and closes the gates of Hell.
- The evil ones chained up.
- It is said in an authentic Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) that fasting in the Ramadan Umra’h in Ramadan is equivalent to Hajj (major expedition).
- Muslims observe I’ tikaaf (residing in the mosque for prayer) in the Ramadan particularly in the last 10 days of this Holy month.
- It is really rewarding act in Ramadan to use Iftaar (sunset meal to damage fast) to those that are fasting. Sincerely out of confidence and in the hope of reward, we will be forgiven all our previous wrongs, offered the major sins are not dedicated.
RAMADAN IN THE QURAN
- The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was disclosed the Qur’ an, an assistance for the people and also clear proofs of assistance as well as criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him quickly it; and also whoever is unwell or on a journey– after that an equivalent variety of various other days. Allah intends for you ease as well as does not plan for you difficulty as well as [desires] for you to finish the duration as well as to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has actually led you; and probably you will certainly be grateful. [Quran 2:185]
- Undoubtedly, We sent out the Qur’an down throughout the Evening of Decree. And also what can make you recognize what is the Evening of Mandate? The Night of Mandate is much better than a thousand months. The angels and the Spirit descend therein by authorization of their Lord for each matter. Peace it is up until the introduction of dawn. [Quran 97:1 -5]
HADITHS ABOUT THE RAMADAN
Abu Hurairah stated:
“The Messenger of Allah stated:
“Whoever not eats Ramadan out of faith as well as in the hope of benefit, he will certainly be forgiven his previous wrongs.” [Sunan an-Nasa’ i Book-22 Hadith-116]
Narrated Abu Huraira:
“I heard Allah’s Carrier (ﷺ) stating relating to Ramadan, “Whoever prayed at night in it (the month of Ramadan) out of honest Faith and also wishing for a reward from Allah, then all his previous wrongs will be forgiven.”[Sahih al-Bukhari Book-31 Hadith-1]
Umm Ma’qil narrated that:
The Prophet said: “Umrah during Ramadan is equal to Hajj.” [Jami`at-Tirmidhi Book-9 Hadith-132]